The Tudors series 1-4 seasons

Go down

The Tudors series 1-4 seasons

Post  cutexin on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:27 am

The basic premise of the vampire as "minority" coming "out The Sopranos tv series dvd of the coffin" is a pretty good one, but it not is elaborated on enough here. There was so much more that could have been done with that Lie to Me set 1-2 series idea. But it gets somewhat abandoned, in favor of yet another shot of naked flesh or another sex scene. All of which becomes really tiresome after a while. Don't get me wrong, sex has its place in movies and TV. But, like gore, when it's done just The Office series 1-6 for the sake of it The Wild Wild West 1-4 episodes set (as it is here) it can become boring and obvious The King of Queens complete 1-9 seasons (as it is here). In addition, the obsession with sex and the vampire has lost its umph years ago. Vampires are dead, they can't have sex. It's unbelievably juvenile and renders the vampires "impotent" in their fear factor. Put it like this, I doubt anyone Prison Break season collection would want to get it on with one of the vampires in '30 Days of Night', which is a far superior take on the subject. In that movie, they are scary and something you really don't want to be around. In 'True Blood', they have no scare at all. Also, Monk series 1-8 there's way too much time wasted sale Northern Exposure 1-6 dvds on characters that really should be incidental, like Jason (sookie's dim witted brother), who is a truly wretched character. I know he's been turned into the prime suspect of a murder case, but the lack of evidence in that is laughable and certainly doesn't warrant the amount of time he's present onscreen. Likewise, for Tara. The standard issue "angry black person". What a tired cliché. although, at least her character has some buy Queer as Folk set progress throughout the series. Her alcoholic mother, too, is another un-necessary road trip that I could have done without. Lafayette, on the other hand, works very well. But, I am given to understand that in the books, he is nothing like the character portrayed in the series. The heart of the show...the vampires...are, unfortunately, such a miserable lot. They are the modern day Oz complete 1-6 "feeling sorry for themselves" neo-goth versions. In other words, extremely irritating. But there are some good moments with them. season 1-9 The King of Queens dvd When people aren't trying to screw them, they are allowed to have their shot onscreen and it can be done well, as in the tribunal held Dexter complete collection for vampire Bill (ha ha, still laugh at that) Friends 1-10 dvd complete at the end of the series. Or, when the scene shifts to "Fangtasia", the bar where the vampires hang out. In "Fangtasia", we meet Eric, who is a sheriff of sorts for the region and is destined to have some altercation with Bill, after the interesting scene where the vampires use Sookie's telepathy for their own ends. Regrettably, the vampires have few opportunities to be menacing, which ultimately makes their inclusion in the story somewhat pointless. It's not all bad though. I have to say that I was actually interested The Tudors series 1-4 seasons in where the story went, even if it was nothing more than a love story wrapped up in unusual clothes. There are enough hooks to keep the viewer coming back and enough "interest" to justify that extra hour's watching, when Angel box set dvd 1-5 you really should be going to bed! However, I doubt I will be watching Season 2. Which, after all is the "true" test of a series. I gave this two It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia complete dvd stars for the intro song and credits. Great little mini-movie. I really like the books, but this HBO version just changes everything to sleazy, gross, nasty. No likable characters, way too much sex, too little internal consistency in the characters, not much genuine humor. Sookie is almost repugnant, a complete ditz. In the books, she's a very interesting heroine. And why so much time for a character not even in the books, Tara? She's OK, but far too one-dimensional (ie: angry) to carry half the show. Very disappointed. I am nutty for this show. I can't remember being this crazy about a show in years. I've been hooked since the first episode. Then read all the books in 2 weeks. I watch the reruns everynight. I think I have been glamoured. I can't believe I had never heard of Stephen Moyer before. Reminds me of a southern Mr. Darcy. Anna Paquin is adorable.

cutexin

View user profile

Back to top Go down