escip in touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oi! Martian Boy!!!

Go down

Oi! Martian Boy!!! Empty Oi! Martian Boy!!!

Post  vivian Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 am

The new season gets off to a rollicking start with the now customary "Christmas Special" called, "The Runaway Bride." For me "Donna," the titular Bride, played by Catherine Tate, is the reason this episode works so well. order Doctor Who dvds collection Walking up the Isle on her Wedding Day, she's inexplicably transported to the Console Room of the TARDIS whilst it's in flight; alternately yelling accusations and The Tudors episodes dvd collection questions at the Doctor while barely stopping to hear answers she can't possibly comprehend, she's loud, brash, and obnoxious. Basically, she's the "Anti-Rose!" Her withering Scrubs complete episodes dvd retort to the Doctor of, "You're just making it up, that's not even a real word!" when told that "this" is the "TARDIS" is typical of her approach, as is her repeated reference to him as "Martian Boy!" The episode also features the return of the robotic Santa's from "The Christmas Invasion," this time in the service of a far more dangerous and malignant master, or should that be "Mistress?!"The season proper gets off to a good start with the first official I Love Lucy complete seasons episode, "Smith and Jones," which introduces us to the sale South Park complete series Doctor's new Companion, "Martha Jones," a medical student who gets caught up in the hunt for a vampire-style alien that's taken refuge in the hospital where she works. Played by relative newcomer Freema Agyeman, Martha is Book-Smart AND Street-Smart; so, once again we South Park complete seasons 1 to 13 have a companion who's almost the exact opposite of Rose, but without all the yelling and verbal abuse dished out by Donna! With the entire hospital somehow transported to the Moon and buy The West Wing season sets taken over by the Judoon, a kind of intergalactic police force - "Judoon on the Moon" the Doctor quips as their ships land in the distance - Martha more-or-less The Wire full episodes dvds set accepts the situation and works with the Doctor to find the "alien" before the Judoon find HIM. They may be cops and technologically advanced, but they're not very bright; they're looking for an alien and if they find the buy Doctor Who series Doctor first, he'll be clapped in irons and hauled off to a cozy purchase Northern Exposure on dvd set cell on one of Scrubs the complete series box sets those Judoon ships for transport to who-knows-where! Needless to say after being returned to Earth after many a close call, Martha can't wait for another adventure, so the Doctor whisks her off to meet "The Bard" himself in "The Shakespeare Code," where there's the question of those pesky Witches to be dealt with! Again, another sale The Wire seasons 1-5 fun episode with a very contemporary "Man Of Letters" played by Dean Lennox buy The West Wing the complete dvds Kelly, who greatly admires Martha's "fitted" attire; but oh dear, what did/will the Doctor do to upset Her Majesty?!?!?! The Wire full episodes on dvd boxset LOL! So, Season 3 gets off buy The Tudors seasons dvd to a very strong Doctor Who 1 to 5 complete tv series start, but as a whole, this is probably the most uneven season so far. All the stories and concepts are wonderful as always, even if a few of them feel somewhat derivative, which is not a problem in and of itself, just look at Season 2's "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit" two-parter which gave us some great Alien-esque thrills! For me, the most disappointing story of Season 3 was one I couldn't wait to see, "Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks." The story concept is great, possibly one of the most ambitious to date, unfortunately the execution fell very short indeed. To save themselves we saw the South Park the complete 1-13 set "Cult of Skaro" perform an Emergency Temporal Shift when the Doctor opened The Golden Girls series season dvds the doorway between Earth South Park season 1 to 13 and Parallel Earth at the end of Doomsday, for one last time. We then jump to 1930's New York and the construction of the Empire State Building, and who should be behind the The Sopranos episodes box sets project but everyone's favorite homicidal pepper-pots. The West Wing season dvds box set There're some truly wonderful visuals in this story; there's something about the 30's Art Deco look and the new blinged-out Daleks that's just perfect, and the production team did a great job of invoking the look, feel, and sound, of Depression Era New York. From Doctor Who series all seasons dvd an army of untold millions the Dalek race had been reduced to just four. Teetering on the brink of extinction they came up with a radical, some would say "sacrilegious," plan to not The Wire tv series seasons dvd only save themselves, but to breed a new Dalek army. Working in secret they kidnapped the destitute, down-and-outs, the homeless, the unwanted, and fused human DNA with their own. These Dalek/Human hybrids are empty shells, waiting for the spark of life to be introduced, and it's here that the Empire State Building comes into all seasons of South Park dvds box set play. The building is going to be the conductor for I Love Lucy all episodes on dvd a massive blast of Gamma radiation emanating from the Sun South Park the complete episodes set as part of an enormous Solar Flare, waking the new I Love Lucy 1-8 box set Dalek army. But Dalek Sec, the leader of the Cult of Skaro, has an even more extreme plan in mind; "The Children of Skaro" he says, "must once more order South Park 1-13 episodes walk outside the Shell!" He plans to physically join with a Human host, thus creating a true Dalek/Human hybrid, and a creature that the others will surely view as The Sopranos the complete dvd sets an abomination! Didn't I say this story was ambitious?!?!?! When Sec let the others know what he intended to do I almost had to change my underwear, I was THAT excited! LOL! But South Park seasons 1 to 13 dvd oh, the horror... when the hybrid - which I immediately dubbed "Hat-Sec!" - was revealed, I was suddenly transported back to the bad old days of rubber monsters, cardboard sets, and cheesy FX! And even though the rest of the story, and it's final resolution, The Golden Girls tv series season boxed set was excitingly, even thrillingly told, poor old Hat-Sec sucked the life out of it for me!

vivian

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum