escip in touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Show, Defective Blu Ray Disc

Go down

Great Show, Defective Blu Ray Disc Empty Great Show, Defective Blu Ray Disc

Post  cutexin Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:53 am

Everything they say about this show is true, but the enjoyment is spoiled by the fact that I've encountered a manufacturer's defect in the blu-ray Macgyver all seasons boxset version--near the end of episode 10, disc 3---there is a South Park collection 1-13 box set loud buzz for about 30 seconds. This occurred on both my original order, which I returned for an exchange. And, it is present on the replacement order which I just received. And I've had to submit a return Friends box set seasons 1-10 authorization for a refund. Definately a manufacturer's all seasons of The Shield sets defect--maybe in a certain batch produced within a certain period of time. I am surprised that there have been no other compliants. It might be wise to wait a while before purchasing. I'm very Two and a Half Men series dvd disappointed. I can only guess at the reasons this dull show has gotten so much critical acclaim. My best guess is this: since most series feature everyone overacting to the nth The Sopranos box set 1-6 dvd degree and ham-handed cues telling us when to laugh or be emotionally effected, critics have begun to equate boring characters, long silences, and meandering conversations with "good acting" and "subtlety". There's a difference, people. Every episode is like a game of Doctor Who complete dvd set "guess what I'm thinking". Characters say and do seemingly random things, often wildly out I Love Lucy complete dvd of character--but we don't Charmed dvd boxsets get to know why, we can only watch as the camera zooms in on them contorting their faces, not saying anything because "that's how it was back then". Yeah, yeah, whatever, the critics tell us that this is award-worthy work, but I'm not buying it. I'll stick to something that's actually interesting and compelling, thanks. The first season The Sopranos dvd 1-6 boxset of Mad Men, while showing some promise, for the most part just meanders and cheap The West Wing series bores. The production values and acting are there, but the writers just aren't. Far too often they equate creepy with Angel series collection dramatic, which obviously is a false identification. Doctor Who 1-5 dvd seasons The proof is also in the fact that you can skip the first season and go directly to the second and miss at most one or two important scenes (which aren't even really that important). Which is exactly what I recommend you do. Season Two is as masterful as Season One is dull and repellent. I was excited to watch this series after hearing all of the positive critical buzz and Emmy awards stumbling all over themselves to give this show nominations. I was bored from the get go, but decided I would give it a season to be fair. After watching season 1, all I've discovered is that I've found a cure to my insomnia. The The Big Bang Theory dvd tv series show is slow, horribly acted by stiff and uninteresting characters, and absolutely nothing Frasier 1-11 boxset seasons of consequence happened during Prison Break series collection 1-4 the entire first season. I will not be wasting my time or money on any future seasons. How the Emmy awards can give nominations and awards for drivel like this and completely ignore the Prison Break dvd set far superior "Friday Night Lights" is baffling. Medium season boxset I guess if you enjoy smoking, this would be a great advertisement. The movie came in a timely manner, but it skips about 30 minutes - 1.5 hour sections on the DVD. I am going to read about sending it back. Love the movies though. Has the The Unit 1-4 series episodes scourge of mindless fame whores on reality tv driven audiences to such desperation that they will now accept ANYTHING that is scripted? And be convinced it is good?Mad Men is miserable "entertainment" choc-o-bloc with wooden The Unit all seasons dvds set one dimensional characters hobbled by delusions, dalliances and the worst possible writing on a modern day television program. Egotism, sexism, racism, alcoholism, elitism. A crass cavalcade of cliches, you get it all in a filthy little package with Mad Men. It is the largest collection of feckless troglodytes and obsequious toadies I have ever experienced. In fact, the Fringe boxset season characters are so poorly written and developed that you never Friends collection series 1-10 get a chance to connect with or feel any empathy Grey's Anatomy set dvd or compassion for a single one. WHERE is the humanity? WHERE Eureka 1-4 dvd collection is the color? There was surely more to the 60's black experience than tending elevators or serving sandwiches to the man. How brazenly backward for the writers and producers of purchase Boston Legal series set Mad Men to blatantly ignore this pivotal point of cultural history. It makes me gag.Speaking of which, I felt like I got contact emphysema watching this show. The ubiquitous cancer sticks How I Met Your Mother complete 1-5 box set are more of a crutch than a secondary prop to set the scene. Cigarettes are SO overused that they become a distraction and a lame joke by the middle of the 1st season. The pervasive Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons to buy poisonous atmosphere ends up being a evanescent yet tangible parallel for the dysfunctional professional and personal relationships that seem to inexplicably implode on every episode. It is a sordid and nihilistic display. There is some redemption for Mad Men. The clothing, hair and makeup are a magnificent visual sale Rescue Me series dvd feast. Genuinely gorgeous. All of the creative artists and professionals working behind the scenes at Mad Men are a wondrous testament to the magic that happens when you have the right people working together toward a beautiful goal. That said I will add that the profound depth of this visual perfection is Hollywoods dastardly deception. Criminal Minds 1-5 series complete Because it is precisely these aesthetcs that end up being a grotesque metaphor for the sickening superficial nature of Mad Men. All style, ZERO SUBSTANCE. Performance wise Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles set season the sole saving grace of Mad Men is actress Christina Hendricks. She is DIVOON. Her electrifying presence and magnetic radiance illuminate the screen and help raise her Nip Tuck collection boxset primal essence above the utterly pedestrian scripts. Her dazzling talent (as previously seen on ER) is woefully squandered in the flatulent falderol of Mad Men. I hope Hollywoods good old boy network can get their act together to give Miss Hendricks her due. She is in fact LONG past due. The big screen is waiting for her incomparable brand of star shine.

cutexin

Back to top Go down