escip in touch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average TV Melodrama

Go down

Average TV Melodrama Empty Average TV Melodrama

Post  cutexin Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 am

If we are to believe that MAD MEN is presenting us with an accurate portrayal of the times, people of the early 1960's The West Wing complete seasons 1-7 aspired to be robots (or possibly corpses). The actors simulate these ludicrously reserved mannerisms because "That's how it was back then". Good white collar american automatons. "That's how it was back then" is a sentiment that's often thrown around during each episode. Lines of dialogue intend for us to think very obvious things, like: "Wasn't everything so inexpensive!". After a few episodes this formula becomes apparent and MAD MEN begins to seem Fringe boxset 1-2 seasons like a parody of itself.This is a very contrived cheap Buffy the Vampire Slayer dvds show, although, I am morbidly fascinated due to the fact that MAD MEN seems to be the first program portraying this era while being written by people that were born after Mad Men seasons 1-4 series the fact. There is not a single Smallville collection series likeable character; partly due to the aforementioned reserve that is so greatly exaggerated, but also because there's not much depth to anyone. Our square jawed protagonist Don Draper Cold Case complete 1-7 dvd is supposedly a 'still waters run deep' sort of guy. This is doubtfully evinced by the camera's frequent panning of Don's patented soulful gaze. "Oh look, he's having deep thoughts!". Don doesn't do or say anything all that profound, but those silent looks are enough to convey that this adman has the spirit of a poet!The fact that MAD MEN Everybody Loves Raymond dvd on sale has garnered such acclaim is a sad indication of the dregs that all seasons of Rescue Me series set television programming has sunk. Star Trek Voyager series season Who am I fooling? TV was never that great, so perhaps MAD MEN truly is the apex. Our sedentary lives are more or less about killing time, so go ahead and watch it. There's nothing else on anyway. Mad Men is an outstanding show, one of the high Star Trek Voyager boxset series 1-7 points of Arrested Development 1-3 season the 2007 season and the one I'm most looking forward Northern Exposure seasons dvds to returning in 2008.I had planned to buy the DVD set, but I'm having second thoughts because where to buy Star Trek Voyager of the box. It looksl Everybody Loves Raymond dvd 1-9 set ike it's going to be one of those odd-shaped boxes that looks like an old fashioned lighter. I get the joke, but I'd much rather have a normal box that fits on the shelf with the rest of my collection. I wish that when companies made these novelty DVD boxes that they also sold a traditional shape. Remember the "Homer's Head" boxes from the Simpsons Season 6? I finally got to see what all the fuss is about but I wasn't expecting Peyton Place. The acting is great and every word uttered is clever. Other than that, I Lost dvd 1-6 season found an assortment of mostly dislikable people in a 60s setting, order Babylon 5 1-5 with the negatives The Tudors box set for sale amped up to 10. Those who lived through the period will recall that much of what went on was not malicious, it was institutionalized. Like smoking, a lot of Skins dvd 1-4 season people just didn't know any better. By the second episode, as I watched the ad man falling from the building I thought, what a downer and as far as men and women are concerned, beneath the surface, how much has really changed? To me Mad Men How I Met Your Mother boxset dvd is disappointing, mostly because it could've, it should've been much Ugly Betty collection season better. Yes, some of the writing is very good, and I certainly felt I was in a 1960's ad Law & Order dvd 1-11 box set agency. And yes, some of the women characters are interesting and sympathetic; but the main problem I have with the series is that the men are, for the most part, despicable. I don't know how else to say it. I simply don't care about them. In fact, I True Blood box set collection don't like them. True, Dan Draper becomes slightly more Ghost Whisperer boxset sympathetic towards the end of the first season, The Big Bang Theory complete 1-3 boxset so it will be interesting to see what direction Monk collection boxset the writers will go. I recently watched all of the first season due to all the Emmy hype that is out. I was very disappointed and House MD 1-6dvd series a little confused on why this is considered "great". Don't get me wrong, it was interesting enough for me to watch all the episodes and tune Heroes complete 1-4 series in for the very disappointing Season 2 opener, but it was nothing outstanding to me. I loved some dramas that were out like Dexter, The Tudors, etc. and thought Ghost Whisperer 1-5 season box set the acting in them were Emmy material, but not Mad Men. It's boring, slow, dull, but still for some reaons a little intriguing. I guess what I really don't like is that you really never get to know the personality Bones complete season dvd of certain characters. Betty, for instance, is prim & proper one moment, and letting strange men in the house the next minute, and then out shooting neighbors pigeons the next. I think a lot of the hype deals with the fact that it's set in a Medium seasons 1-6 boxset time period a lot of people (especially white males) would like to go back to. Personally, it's kind of scary in my opinion. purchase Babylon 5 complete box set

cutexin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum